We consider the security of our systems a top priority, but no matter how much effort we put into system security, vulnerabilities may still be present.
If you discover a vulnerability, we want to know about it so we can take steps to fix it as soon as possible. We want to ask you to help us better protect our customers and our systems.
Please do the following:
- Email your findings to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Do not exploit the vulnerability or problem you discovered, such as by downloading more data than necessary to demonstrate the vulnerability or by deleting or modifying others’ data;
- Do not tell others about the problem until it is resolved;
- Do not conduct attacks on physical security, through social engineering, through distributed denial of service or spam, or third-party applications; and
- Provide enough information to reproduce the problem so that we can resolve it as soon as possible. Usually the IP address or URL of the affected system and a description of the vulnerability are sufficient, but complex vulnerabilities may require more explanation.
What we promise:
- We will respond to your report within 5 business days with our evaluation of the report and an expected date for resolution;
- If you have followed the above instructions, we will not take any legal action against you regarding the report;
- We will treat your report strictly confidential and will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent;
- We will keep you informed of the progress in resolving the issue;
- In public information about the reported problem, we will include your name as the discoverer of the problem (unless you request otherwise).
We strive to resolve all problems as quickly as possible, and we would like to take an active role in the final publication about the problem after it is resolved.